Morning Star Lutheran School participates in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP). We are excited to offer the opportunity for families who qualify to receive a voucher from the State of Wisconsin to pay for their children’s tuition.
- The online registration for the WPCP opens on February 1st and closes on April 15th.
- You will need your 2020 tax documents to register.
- Students must be entering Pre-K 4, Kindergarten, or 1st Grade in 2021-2022.
- Students coming to Morning Star from the public school or another choice school may apply to enroll at any grade level.
- Residents of the State of Wisconsin (excluding citizens who live in the cities of Milwaukee or Racine).
- Students whose families have an adjusted gross income less than 220% of the poverty level on their 2020 federal taxes. Your AGI must be less than the following limits:
||Maximum Yearly Income
|Maximum Yearly Income
*For any additional family members, add $9,856
How do I apply for a voucher?
- You need your 2020 tax documents to register. Please note that the window to register closes on April 15th.
- You can apply online through the WI DPI website (http://dpi.wi.gov/sms/choice-programs). Click HERE for step by step application instructions.
- Apply using the Federal Tax Return Method or Department of Revenue (DOR) Method
- Once you submit your application, you must bring tax information (Federal 1040) and proof of residency (WE Energies bill, wage statement, W2) to Morning Star to complete your application. Please note that this information will be kept confidential.
Parents or guardians enrolling students for the Choice program should direct any questions to Morning Star Lutheran School at (262) 677-9196 or email@example.com.
Downloadable Information from the Wisconsin DPI – follow this link
- Parent Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions (available in English and Spanish)
- Allowed Residency Documents (available in English and Spanish)
- Alternative Residency Documentation Form
- Explanation of Department of Revenue (DOR) Income Determination Method
- Print Screens of the Online Parent Application
- 2021-2022 WPCP Income Limits